Console Price drop at Zavvi

If you are looking to pick up a PS3 or a 360 on it's own, Zavvi is probably your best bet.

They have dropped the prices of all three Xbox 360 consoles, and all models of PS3. Here are the new prices.

Xbox 360
Arcade - £97.64
Premium (60gb) - £148
Elite - £195.73

PS3
80gb - £264

The premium is the best buy there in my opinion, another £70 for a different colour and an extra 60gb hardly seems worth it, but £30 on top of the Arcade for a premium is easily worth it. The PS3 is probably still over priced for my liking, and unless it performs really well in the second half of December, I predict a price cut, or big retailer discounts in the new year. Remember as well that PC World will price match Zavvi and take 10% of the difference off. Currys also price match PC World and take off 10%, but I don't know how far you'll be able to push that.

Thanks to everyone who sent in this tip.

Update: There was some confusion over the pricing, but it looks like it is £148 for a 60gb Pro.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't find a 60gb for £127. I've phoned around London shops and Bridgend and they're all £148, anyone know where you can get them for the £127 price?

... said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LewieP said...

I'm not sure what is going on, it might be down to specific store management whether they take part in this offer.

I read about this pricing at gamesindustry.biz, but perhaps £144 is accurate, I haven't had time to check in store myself yet.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps the prices quoted in that gamesindustry.biz story are before VAT?

Anonymous said...

Ah - it says the Premium is £127, which is the 20gb version. The 60gb pro is just under £150. I think the mix up with Premium/Pro is the mixup that's got most people disappointed.

LewieP said...

Aha! thank you Mr/Mrs Anonymous, that clarifys everything.

I'll update the post now.