Wario Land: The Shake Dimension - PAX Writeup

I've been a big fan of the Wario platformers ever since Mario Land 3 on the original Gameboy, so the horrific result of Nintendo farming out the DS game "Wario - Master of Disguise" but me pretty deep.

But Nintendo seem really determined to make up for that with "The Shake Dimension" of the Wii.

It's a 2D platformer very much in the vein of Warioland 4, which can only be a good thing. It controls and feels very similarly to Warioland 4, except with added waggle. The Waggle is somewhat redundant for the most part, but certainly not harmful.

This game has some of the best spritework I have ever seen in a platformer, wario's animation is silky smooth, and the backdrops to the levels are beautiful.

I'm mostly just shocked to see a full price 2D platformer coming out of Nintendo in 2008, and I am really excited about playing the final game.

Wario Land: The Shake Dimension, Wii - £26 delivered

0 comments: