The SavyGamer Podcast, Episode 1


It's Episode 1 of the SavyGamer Podcast! This week we have a special guest: Jonathan Blow, creator of Braid. We talk about the challenges of being an independent developer and building such a unique game (don't worry, it's spoiler-free). Also, the usual chat about news and stuff, and a quick segment from the casual side of things from Lewie's Mummy. Only on the SavyGamer Podcast!




Show notes (Highlight to view):
00:00 Opening
00:36 Welcome
00:42 Contest winner information
03:39 Burnout Paradise - Cagney is now fully out, Davis update details
06:40 Summer of Arcade promotion details
[Link]
08:50 Geo Wars score: Below the red line is the demo, above is the full version.
[Link]
09:41 Alone in the Dark demo opinions and a magnificent segue
11:46 Lewie's been playing the KORG Synth - terribly
13:26 Trackmania DS video talk
[Link]
14:20 Chrono Trigger DS delayed - anyone surprised?
18:48 PS3 trophy chest is expanding
21:00 Rock Band 2 suspected US release
23:17 Wii Menu homebrew hack - Lewie explains
[Link]
28:24 Wii MotionPlus will be light on the pocket
29:35 Braid talk
32:14 Interview with Jonathan Blow, creator of Braid
1:14:46 End of interview
1:15:08 Bargains of the Week, 2 for £25 PS3/GTA4 360 - £25.99
1:16:59 Have your say - let us know what you want from the podcast
1:18:17 Lewie's mum weighs in on DIY and gaming. [Link]
1:22:30 Close

Total Runtime: 1:22:38
Total Filesize: 75.6 MB



Got feedback on the show? Post a comment, or email us:
LewieP - lewiep@savygamer.co.uk
Will - willeth@gmail.com

4 comments:

uglifruit said...

Good 'cast fellas.

The interview was really good - (and completely sold the game to me).

Regarding the news/editorial commentary mix then in depth reviews and opinion make sense to me. Headlines, plus explanded opionion pieces - giving the podcast an identity rather than just an overblown newsfeed.

I'd be happy if the podcast was a maximum on 74 mins, so I can fit it on one audio CD for the car.

Also: WOO HOO. I am a winner!

Andy J.

LewieP said...

Cheers for the feedback, and congratulations on the win. I am still waiting on hearing back from play-asia, I can't find how to send gift vouchers, but I'll keep you in the loop. I didn't want to email you, because I thought it would ruin the surprise of hearing it straight from the 'cast ;D.

Will Templeton said...

Thanks for that - I think we're leaning towards more of that anyway, so it's good to know we're on the right track.

As regards the length of the show, We're trying to keep it around the hour mark right now, so you should be fine for CDs, although obviously there are exceptions - this episode was a special case, and there are some weeks (like next week and the week after, during the Leipzig Games Convention) where there will be an abundance of news, so we can't promise a short show any time soon I'm afraid :D

Unknown said...

You know, I cannot stop thinking about Braid. I listen to a lot of podcasts and I was surprised that barely anyone is talking about Braid this week albeit so far.

So I searched through Google for "Braid podcast" and your guys' podcast showed up.

The interview with Jonathan Blow was awesome and the rest of the content was great as well. I am suprised Savy Gamer and the 1UP Show have been the only people to interview Blow so far—or at least discuss the game—instead of saying yeah I played Braid for a little bit blah blah nothing insightful.

Keep up the great work and make the podcast as long as you want, I need more to listen to at work.