KORG DS-10 Synthesizer, DS - Review

KORG DS-10 Synthesizer, DS - £34 delivered

Review by LewieP












This is a Korg Synth for the DS.


I was tempted to end this review here actually, there is very little else to say.

Here's a list of artists that use similar models of Korg Synths:

The Prodigy, William Orbit, The Dandy Warhols, Foal, Klaxons, Aphex Twin, Ladytron.

So you'll be in good company.

Honestly, I am not hugely talented at this kind of thing. I am basically completely new to it, but just spending a few solid hours has compelled me to learn more about how to use synths. Thanks to 'The Reverend Dr Galactus' for linking me to this pretty great starting point.

I have had great fun with it, and I can only imagine what someone with more knowledge and skill at this kind of thing can put out. I expect there will be some insane concerts of people using multiple consoles all over youtube in the coming months.



If you would like to try out a pretty full featured synthesizer for a fraction of the regular cost, then this is more than likely to sort you out. Grab whatever cable you need to hook it up to your recording/playback device (the DS speakers really don't do it justice) and you have a pretty killer set up.

It is almost entirely in English, just the manual and a few error messages in Japanese I believe (I haven't encountered them myself), and this is no doubt cheaper than the UK price will be, that is if it even gets a release here.

I am picking up a cable to record straight to PC, so I might have some recordings to show off in the coming weeks, and I'm going to see if I can convince my mates' band (New Art Riot) to do some collaborations.



KORG DS-10 Synthesizer, DS - £34 delivered

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

man, I'd love to see a "foal" using one

LewieP said...

Heh, you fail at trendy indie-electro.

Anonymous said...

You fail, they are called "foalS".