Breakdown, Xbox - £2

Breakdown, Xbox - £2 delivered

This game is an interesting one. I would describe it as a JFPS, a Japanese FPS. It's made by Namco, and feels to me like someone in Namco played Doom once, and decided to try and make their own first person shooter.

It lacks a lot of refinements that modern FPS's have, the controls will drive you mental every so often, but on the flip side, they bring allot of new ideas to the table, things that no other FPS I have played before or since does. Really polished animations, the camera follows your characters eye's not just a reticule in the centre of the screen, has a great melee combo system too. You can see it really divided the critics with review scores from 30/100 to 95/100

Had I bought it at full price I would be disappointed, but at this price it's certainly worth your attention, even if just to see the potential.

0 comments: