Spam

I seem to be on the receiving end of a lot of unpleasant comments spam. I had hoped to keep my comments sections completely open and anonymous, should individuals so chose, for as long as possible, but it looks like that is no longer the case.

I think the best alternative that blogger will allow me is to have it so that anyone with a google or OpenID account can post comments, but if someone wished to remain anonymous, it will have to go through moderation. This means that if, for any reason (that is none of my business) you want to remain anonymous, or can't be arsed to get a google account or whatever, then you can still post comments, there will just be a delay between when you send it and when it gets published.

7 comments:

Vendal Thornheart said...

Personally, I couldn't blame you at all for requiring login. I think it's only fair given the situation. (This is vthornheart from the PA forum by the way =) )

Nice blog too! I didn't notice you had one until you mentioned it today.

Joe said...

Yeah, it's wierd, too. It's like a single conversation posted over and over.

Shirley said...

Maybe I should be more outraged than I am, but ... how sad ... that someone has to get their thrills by being abusive towards someone else, for no apparent reason than they can be.
I don't really care if someone posts my IRL address, but to do it to get at Lewie is so sad. And to try to pose as his Dad - well, if you'd ever met his Dad, you'd know how ludicrous the comments were - he doesn't ever use language like that.
So, spammer, you've failed.

Bill said...

What? I missed this. Wow some people suck.

Bill said...

Just to clarify, the spammers suck. Not lovely old LewieP!

LewieP said...

and now even Lave is spamming me :(

Bill said...

Never!!

The only thing I spam, is my wallet, thanks to your bargain! *Budum Tisch!*

(Sorry)